Ocado has reported a gross sales increase of 15.6% to GBP 442.4 million for the 24 week FY 2014 ended 18th May 2014, compared to GBP 382.7 million in the prior year.
- The increase in gross sales was driven by a substantial increase in orders per week and average order size in line with last year.
- The average number of orders per week increased 15.8% to 161,000 compared to 139,000 in the prior year.
- The average order size was down 0.4% to GBP 114.43 from GBP 114.90 in the same period last year.
- Gross profit up by 29.0% to GBP 140.5 million compared to GBP 108.9 million in the prior year mainly due to additional Morrisons gross profit.
- Operating profit before share of result from JV and exceptional items for the period was GBP 9.8 million in H1 2014, compared with GBP 1.7 million in the prior year.
- Ocado has extended its range by more than 12.9% to over 35,000 products.
- The number of active customers increased 10.0% to 396,000.