Systeme U has announced several changes to its operations in Africa.
- The retailer created a new company called U Export Cooperative Africa
- The new entity will be managed by Marc Prou, Chairman of Systeme U Sud
- Prou will replace current Chairman Yves Petitpas effective June 2016.
- Systeme U has developed and runs its own logistics system, with headquarters in Carquefou.
- The merchandise is delivered from Saint-Nazaire and Marseille to Carquefou.
- The product range is controlled at a local level.
- Systeme U does not promote their products in other local stores.
- More than 50% of the products sold in Systeme U stores are imported from France.
- The retailer operates a partnership with Mercure International, which is in charge of expanding Systeme U stores in Africa.
- Systeme U has entered three African countries since 2012: Benin, Ivory Coast and Cameroon.
- The businesses have been developed in partnership with local entrepreneurs: Tchifteyan in Benin, Sabbag in Cameroons.
- The investment costs and the administrative costs are not covered by the U affiliates from France.