Tesco has announced to launch a health and wellbeing division in next week. The move follows the last month confectionary exit from its stores.
- The initiative, announced by UK Managing Director, Chris Bush, has launched trials of its healthier food range, My Fit Lifestyle range, in 50 London stores next week.
- The range includes 130 color-coded products displaying the calories content in it. It will also be launched online.
- The range will roll out nationwide once these trials prove to be a success.
- Tesco will also offer free health plans and a “My Fit Lifestyle’ application to monitor its customer’s calories intake.
- A new website which is a revamp of Tescodiets.com called tescohealthandwellbeing.com has been launched to reinforce the above plans.
- David Wood, former Marketing Director, will lead the new division as Divisional Managing Director.
- He will be responsible for all health-related food developments, including new ranges of own label and branded food and drink, as well as its pharmacy, opticians, healthcare and Nutricentre operations.