Tesco has announced a major restructuring in its Senior Store Management Team including replacing its current store format management based on divisions with regional ones. The streamlining also includes the merger of the Metro and Express divisions.
- The retailer has grouped all superstores and Extras based on geography scrapping the previous format based structure.
- There will be three regions - north, central and south.
- Under this restructuring, Tony Hoggett, who got appointed Operations Director in the last month, will become Retail Director to supervise all Superstores and Extra formats.
- Neil McCourt, formerly Support Officer and Managing Director (MD) for Metro, will become Retail Director North.
- Richard Baker, MD of superstores, becomes Retail Director Central, and Andrew Woolfenden is promoted from Extra Operations Director to Retail Director South.
- Gary Mills, former Northern Ireland Operations Director becomes Retail Director for convenience, to cover all Metro and Express stores outside London.
- Andrew Rowlinson, MD for Express, will become Operating Model Director and will report to Hoggett.
- Andrew Yaxley, the MD of the London format, will remain as it is. Tesco’s structure in the capital remains unchanged.