Carrefour offers free delivery service for its online shoppers between 30 June and 14 August 2014 for all its customers.
Carrefour offers free delivery service for its online shoppers between 30 June and 14 August 2014.
• The customers no longer have to pay the delivery fee of RON 15 (EUR 3.5) during the promotion.
• A minimum spend of RON 150 (EUR 35) is still required for delivery.
• In June 2014 the retailer expanded shopper experience with cash on delivery service.
• The online hypermarket has been launched in 2013 and services exclusively in Bucharest, Romania.
• The launching of the online hypermarket is in line with the retailer’s plan to diversify its multichannel operations.
• The initiative is part of Carrefour and Cora’s plan to educate Romanian shoppers in online shopping.
• The online channel targets consumers with high purchasing power helping to compensate the channel’s high operational costs.