Tesco has appointed Dave Lewis as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective 1 October 2014.
- He will replace Philip Clarke who will continue to work till Lewis's appointment and will further support the transition till January 2015.
- Clarke will also continue to remain as the Chairman of joint venture with China Resources Enterprise (CRE) in China until January 2015.
- Tesco also announced that current trading conditions are more challenging than they anticipated at their first quarter interim management statement on 4th June.
- Lewis brings in international consumer experience along with his knowledge in change management, business strategy, brand management and customer development.
- Lewis is currently President, Personal Care at Unilever and is also Non-Executive Director of British Sky Broadcasting Group.