Eroski reported a sales decrease of 2.7% year-over-year (y-o-y) to EUR 3,201 million in the first half (H1) 2014.
- Debt reduced by 34% to EUR 31.9 million, mainly due to lower interest rate that decreased 14%.
- Operating profit reached EUR 28 million.
- The retailer continued its store refurbishment program to the new ‘contigo’ (you) model and upgraded 40 stores out of which 7 hypermarkets and 33 supermarkets with a total investment of EUR 17 million.
- The new format stores reported sales that increased 9% for the supermarkets and increased 6% for the hypermarkets.
- The fresh product sales increased 18% in the supermarkets and 13% in the hypermarkets.
- During the period the retailer opened 38 franchised supermarkets, totaling 500 stores. At the end of the period the retailer operated 2,069 stores and 22 distribution centers.