Tesco has launched its own label hudl2 tablet which will be available in UK stores from 9th October and will retail at GBP 129.
- Clubcard owners can purchase the tablet for GBP 65 by exchanging their voucher for the hudl2.
- The tablet is available in eight colours and features an 8.3 inch 1920x1200 HD screen, Atom Quad core processor up to 1.83 Ghz , Dolby optimised audio, 5MP rear camera and 1.2 MP front facing camera, 16GB storage that can be expanded to 48 GB, and runs on Android KitKat 4.4.2 operating system.
- The tablet comes with a pre-loaded Parental filter which helps Tesco make the tablet attractive to parents.
- Shoppers will also receive GBP 60 of savings across the following categories:
- GBP 25 free Blinkbox credit to spend on movies, books and music.
- GBP 10 discount off F&F clothing when spending GBP 50.
- GBP 10 discount on Tesco Direct when spending GBP 50.
- GBP 15 discount on Tesco.com when spending GBP 60.
- 10 free 4 x 6 inches photos when purchasing 50 photos on Tesco's online photo service.
This comes at an important time for Tesco with like-for-like sales falling as it struggles to compete against Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s as well as the discounters. It is hopeful that after selling out last year and selling 750,000 hudl’s this will bring extra footfall and spend to its stores as Aldi & Lidl regularly run out of tablets when they are on sale.